Thursday, July 15, 2010

little chip off of Brooklyn

I been living on this little chip off of Brooklyn for 20 years. My eyes have begun to open as to the true nature of the place. I have to say I'm really beginning to become irritated. I know the place like the back of my hand. But the shit I'm starting to see really disgusts me. People hanging out on the street corners, gunshots going off every night ., cab drivers acting stank, etc. However I never seen it any better then what it already is so I guess nothing has changed beside the weather. I guess you cud say that its still "normal" around here. Here are things that is considered "normal" in C.I. it wouldn't be normal if I'm waiting for the elevator and when it comes to make the stop, a douchebag in the elevator presses the emergency button to stop it and make it go down. It wouldn't be normal if I walk outside my building and I don't see the fellas outside my building smoking a blunt and talkin loud into all hours of the night. It wouldn't be normal if I walk up my block and not see fellas hang outside the corner deli drinking beer, or soda and hollerin out racial slurs at one another. It wouldn't be normal if I take a cab home and the cab driver willingly w/o solicitation drop u off in front of your building. It wouldn't be be normal if Lenny the chinese food guy isn't working in the chinese restaurant (the best in c.I.) taking orders and not giving free drinks to the people who give him business for years. It wouldn't be normal if I walked in my elevator and didn't see piss in the elevator and condoms in the staircase. It wouldn't be normal if I go in the cell phone doctor and not see Ury selling cell phones and being madd cool with people. It wouldn't be normal if I was doing my laundry on 30th and surf and the same black bitch all da time asking me for money "for food". It wouldn't be normal if I'm walkin through the amusement park I work at and people always asking for a free game. Its wouldn't be normal if people actually listened to the rules of the game that I operate and actually dnt complain after spending a meezely dollar. It wouldn't be normal if the customers that play my game say that "this shit is rigged". It wouldn't be normal if people don't come up to me and ask where the bathroom is. It wouldn't be normal if people don't ask me where the ticket booth is when there are 4 big ticket boxes in the park with a sign lit up that says "TICKETS" . It wouldn't be normal if people aren't fighting on July 4th at my workplace. It wouldn't be normal if my boss would not bitch @ me and my co workers for not making enough money on a hot weekend and each game made about $300 to $400 each. It wouldn't be normal if it was supposed to rain on a day that I'm working and it actually winds up raining ending the workday. It wouldn't be normal if the russian people living in my building were actually nice and actually say "excuse me" when trying to pass out of the elevator. It wouldn't be normal if the Mermaid Avenue section wasn't busy during the day. And so many more things I would make this place so un-normal. But to me the things that occur in this place is ironically "normal" to me. I guess that's what makes me a "Coney Island Baby" :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment